Tony Bellew: No one seems to care Canelo Alvarez could be a drugs cheat

Canelo Alvarez has failed a drug test and it seems no one wants to talk about. But then, it always gets brushed under the rug when it’s a major name.

It happened with Roy Jones Jr. When Roy Jones Jr was pound-for-pound king of the world, he failed a drug test and no one found out.

I’m sick of saying it, but this is what’s wrong with boxing. I’ve heard this contaminated meat defence… it’s a good alibi, but Canelo would have to eat about five kilos of contaminated meat for that to happen.

How true can that be? Fans have been asking why I haven’t made a comment on Canelo. I haven’t made a comment because no one cares. What difference does it make? The organisations and governing bodies don’t care, and they certainly don’t care what I say. What is the point of me coming out and saying, ‘ban him for life’? No governing body has… Read the full story

from Metro http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/16/tony-bellew-no-one-seems-to-care-canelo-alvarez-could-be-a-drugs-cheat-7387128/
via IFTTT

loading...