‘As soon as she was born I burst into tears’ – Emily-Jane Clark talks post-natal depression on Mentally Yours

‘Post-natal depression is so different for every person – it can come at different stages post-birth.

‘Actually some people get it pre-natally as well. But mine actually hit me the instant the baby had come out.

‘Literally as soon as she was born I burst into tears, it was really weird.

‘It was a perfectly alright water birth, it wasn’t traumatic, but obviously I’d never had a baby before. So I kind of thought “maybe this is just what happens”.

‘Two weeks later I was still crying.’

Author and blogger Emily-Jane Clark joined us on our podcast to talk post-natal depression.

Although her health visitor and others suggested she was suffering from the condition, it took her a while to accept it.

She said: ‘I just didn’t have a clue, I refused to believe I had post-natal depression. I just genuinely believed I was rubbish at looking after babies.’

Emily-Jane talked about becoming very anxious about carrying her daughter down the… Read the full story

from Metro http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/25/as-soon-as-she-was-born-i-burst-into-tears-emily-jane-clark-talks-post-natal-depression-on-mentally-yours-7406104/
via IFTTT

loading...